Further restrictions (announced Tuesday 23rd September)
We are so sorry to advise you that following further review of the Scottish Government’s position, [the] one household restriction for private homes will also apply to self-catering properties when our revised regulations become law on Friday [25th Sept] - Fergus Ewing MSP, Scottish Rural Economy and Tourism Secretary.
Therefore, if you already have a booking with us, we need you to clarify who is coming. If you have to cancel as a result of this new ruling, please contact your booking agency as soon as possible (if you have booked directly with us, contact us).
We are committed to providing high levels of cleanliness with rigorous cleaning and hygiene procedures. In the light of the pandemic, we have taken additional steps to aid the safety and wellbeing of our guests and family. We are closely monitoring government advice and will update our procedures accordingly.
We understand the new measures will mean that there are some changes to our usual service, however we are aiming to protect our community, guests and staff whilst maintaining a high level of cleanliness and comfort. We ask for your understanding and cooperation.
Changes to arrival and departure times and processes
Guests must depart by 9am, and incoming guests may not arrive before 4pm.
Our stringent cleaning processes have required these changes, if we are to minimise the possibility of virus transmission. We hope that we have your understanding and support in this – it enables us to do the best job we can to keep you safe.
When you arrive, you’ll find your property open with the key inside. When you leave, we’d like you to leave the key on the table so that we can find it.
Before departing, please remove all bed linen and towels and place them in the black bin bags provided. Please tie these bags closed.
Our Cleaning Protocol
Recognising that the cleanliness of a property is at the top of the guests’ considerations, these are the principles we follow to ensure that your accommodation has been fully sanitised prior to your arrival.
- We wear appropriate PPE.
- All surfaces are cleaned.
- Main surfaces and items are sanitised.
- Non-essential items have been removed.
- Extra cleaning time has been allowed.
- Liquid soaps have been provided.
- We have a procedure for reporting cases arising.
- We have adapted the arrival and departure processes, so that social distancing can be maintained.
- The guest information booklet has been removed from your property. Please refer to our online guest booklet.
We have drawn these protocols up after specialised training from Landlord’s Little Helper.
But we also ask for your assistance:
- Physical distancing measures have been implemented in public areas. We are also asking our guests to take responsibility for distancing. Please leave a distance of at least 2 metres from other guests.
- Please respect any requests arising for your safety and the safety of others.
- We have a very friendly dog, who would love to meet you. We request that if you meet him, you do not pat him (even if he asks you to).
- If you fall ill while you are staying with us, you must inform us immediately so we can arrange for the next steps to be taken in line with our procedures.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Mostly importantly, we wish you a relaxing and enjoyable holiday whilst staying with us. Please do not hesitate to ask if there is anything at all we can do to make you feel more comfortable.
Linen and towels
We provide linen and towels, but have seen that some guests now prefer to bring their own. If you would like to do so, please let us know so that we don’t put ours out.
What you need to do if you become ill within the fortnight before your holiday starts
Guidelines require you to isolate at home for 7 days (if you have come into contact with someone that has or may have the Coronavirus). Therefore, you will need to cancel (or postpone) your holiday with us.
What you need to do if you become ill whilst you’re at Achaneich
(From the Scottish Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19): tourism and hospitality sector guidance)
- Please inform us by phone immediately.
- You must immediately book a test through NHS Inform (or by phoning 0800 028 2816).
- If you can travel home safely (not by public transport) to isolate, you should do so immediately.
- If you cannot travel, you must discuss this with NHS Inform so that they can help.
- If the result of that discussion is that you must isolate in our property, you will be required to pay for the extra week. Please understand that we will be cancelling incoming guests at extremely short notice, and are legally required to return their full payment. Therefore, we recommend most strongly that you take out travel insurance to cover such unexpected costs.
NHS Test and Trace
We are required to keep records for NHS Test and Trace. If necessary, we will be asked to pass on the following information:
- your name. If there is more than one person staying in the property, then we will record the name of the ‘lead member’ of the group and the number of people in the group
- a contact phone number for the lead member
- date of visit, arrival time and, where possible, departure time
- any interaction that we have that compromises current social distancing requirements