Achaneich is ideally placed in the heart of the Highlands – perfect for walking, fishing, climbing, skiing, or plain old sight-seeing. The River Spean at the bottom of the garden is popular with kayakers. The Nevis Range ski and mountain-biking centre on Aonach Mor is 5 miles away. There are plenty of beautiful walks – from the straightforward circuit around the Commando Memorial in Spean itself, to the wonderful parallel roads of Glen Roy.
- Glenspean & the Great Glen – more ideas about what to see and do in the area
- Highlands Weather Forecast – from the Met Office
- Mountain Weather Forecast – detailed forecast if you’re planning on hillwalking
- The Nevis Range – our local home for skiing and mountain-biking.
- The Jacobite Steam Train – the journey made famous by the Harry Potter series of films (this is always booked up well in advance, so reserve your tickets before arriving).